Mark Your Calendars for Worship on the Waterfront, Sunday, July 28 at 10 am. We have a new location at Eastern Park, South Main Street (next to St. Theresa’s Catholic Church) in Brewer. Folks need to bring their own chair . There will be a potluck picnic lunch after the service. Please bring your lunch and ,if you can, something to share . Don’t forget water ! We will be outside in Maine in July- it will be hot!
FAITH LINKING IN ACTION
- The Transportation for All continues to meet with the City of Bangor to improve the public transit system as they struggle through the study. Transportation for All: The TFA Facebook page is now open to the public. Visit the site to learn about their concerns, activities and projects, and support as they continue to work for improved public transportation in the Bangor area. Contact Darcy@foodandmedicine.org for more information.
- Child Care Team meets the 2nd MONDAY of each month. Notice this is a new day. Their next meeting is August 12@ 6pm at The First Methodist Church, Bangor. Essex Street. Notice they are taking a break in July. The August meeting will focus on new legislation.
- The Food Access Committee is in full swing right now. All 11 gardens are getting underway with great enthusiasm. The Committee is also working on information to encourage faith groups to discuss food insecurity and to share their ideas with the group. St. Patrick’s garden group has trouble attending these meetings because of scheduling. If anyone can attend it would be great. Pete Perry will attend the July meeting but would love someone to go with him. All meetings are the second Thursday of the month.
Holyoke Street Neighborhood Garden: We need help tending, weeding, and watering the garden beds and flower beds around the church. Please talk to Pete Perry, Mary Ann Perry, or Ellen Fisher, if you can be a part of the team. We encourage you to talk to any neighbors about our garden and invite them to participate. We will meet on Sunday, July 14th at 12 noon. All are welcome.
The Outreach committee will meet next Sunday, July 21st during coffee hour.
During the time leading to the season of Pentecost, the St. Patrick’s Living Local: Joining God Guiding Team asked everyone to think about their answer to this question: “How are you engaging WITH others in the world?” This Sunday we want you to write the ways you as a person of faith are being WITH others on the sticky notes provided and place them in the collection plate. You can use as many sticky notes as you have ways you engage with others!! We will have the sticky notes available for the next few Sundays.
Photo credit Deb Nystrom
A Seat at the Table
The SATT leaders will use the summer months to discern and decide curricula for the chosen topics. The leaders will be keeping the congregation informed, with plenty of lead time, about the beginning of the next round of sessions and the topics so they can choose the one they want to investigate within a small group. We will also be inviting members of the Brewer Methodist and Congregational Churches to join us in our journey along the Way of Love.
Calling Book Lovers…We need your books (please no Reader’s digest books or magazines). Pat Blethen is organizing a book sale for the next end of next month or beginning of September. Weather permitting, the book sale will be held outside. Pat could use assistance. She has left two boxes for books. Attendees will be surveyed to see if there is interest in a little library box at St. Pat’s for the Holyoke neighborhood. If yes, the funds will be used to buy materials to build the library. If not, funds from the book sale could be donated to Literacy Volunteers-Bangor.
Where does the loose offering in the plate go? The Outreach Committee would like to remind folks that the loose plate offering on the second Sunday of the month goes into the Outreach fund. On the third Sunday of the month it goes to the Rector’s Discretionary Fund. On other Sundays it goes into the general fund.
Artful Spirit Connection:
- Kelly Neptune exhibit: We would like to extend a big thank you to Kelly Neptune for sharing her stunning nature images.
- A Upcoming Art exhibit in August-Citizens of Maine is a local organization serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Members of this organization show and sell their artwork. Sixty percent goes to the artist and forty percent goes back the organization to support its programs. A reception will be scheduled to welcome Citizens of Maine staff, members, family, and guests. More information to follow.
- Brewer Days-Art Kits for Kids: We are collecting art supplies for the art kits. Kids at Brewer Days can select from art supplies for their own kits. As the stores gear up for the back to school sales, this is a great time to pick up art supplies for the art kits: crayons, colored pencils, markers, construction paper, chalk, paint (craft and water color), paint brushes, drawing pads. Look for a display on the back wall of the Sanctuary next week.
- Art N Play: Experiment in Watercolor is scheduled for September 28 from 10 am to 12 noon. For more information check out https://www.facebook.com/events/2330166030589182/ or speak to Paula Baines.
Coffee hour sign up. Please consider volunteering to provide simple fare during coffee hour. There are dates open. If you have signed up, check the freezer, there maybe goodies in there that need to be used up.
Prayer list updates: Larry and Bonnie Puls are the new contact people for creating the prayer list. If you would like to add or delete someone from the prayer list you can add your request in the Common Room or contact the Puls’ email@example.com or 942-1321 or find their contact information in the new green directory.