Vestry meets this coming Thursday, April 25th.
Neighborhood supper and conversation
Friday, April 26th at 6:00 pm St. Pat’s Vestry has invited interested members of
First Methodist Church and First Congregational Church to join us for supper
and conversation about how our three neighborhood congregations can work
together in the future. We are so close geographically and share much of the same
mission, in the interest of good stewardship, how might we share resources and
programs? Please contact Jane Harburger if you can contribute something for
Artful Spirit Connection is hosting an Art N’ Play on Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 10 am to 12 noon. Please join us as we experiment with watercolor paints and learn a few beginner techniques: basic washes, wax resist, splattering, salt texture and alcohol spritzing. Paula Baines will facilitate the session. Come learn, play and experiment. Supplies will be provided. Cash donations towards kids’ art kits are welcome. Space is limited to 12.
Our next Luncheon at Columbia Street will be May 5. The Sign-up is in the Common
Mark your calendar for Sunday, April 28 for spring clean up.
Check out the Photo Albums from Easter Vigil and Easter Morning. Photo credit: Paula Baines
Lighting the Pascal Candles
Around the Diocese
Saying Good Bye to the Lanes
The Farewell Gathering North will be held Saturday, May 11th at the Black Bear Inn and Conference Center in Orono, with a Holy Eucharist beginning at 2 p.m. A Farewell Reception, with music and a brief program will follow.
All are welcome to attend the Holy Eucharist. It is a free event but registration in advance is required. As well, advance purchase tickets at $20 each are required to attend the Farewell Reception following the service. Tickets will not be sold at the door.
Registration for the reception closes on april 26th . To register go to https://bishopquest.episcopalmaine.org/farewell-to-the-lanes/
Time for Spring Training! Take a look at the offerings at http://www.episcopalmaine.org/spring-training and register. A sign up sheet will be available on the table in the Commons Room. We will try to carpool, so leave a phone number where you can be reached.
“Walking the way of love”
Saturday, April 27, 2019
South Parish Congregational Church
9 Church Street
Faith Linking in Action News
Childcare & Jobs. This is the legislative season in Maine. There are new bills to read and consider so it is an important time for those interested in improving access to quality childcare for better jobs and to streamline regulations for both childcare providers and those seeking childcare. The Childcare team needs members to investigate bills, talk to citizens, connect with legislators, and help develop a plan of action.
Food Access Committee meets the first Thursday of each month. Peg Olson has details.Food Access: next meeting is May 9 from 11-1 at Food AND Medicine, 20 Ivers St. South Brewer.
- Faith Linking in Action Special Events
- April 27, Week of the Young Child Celebration, 2-4 PM at Maine Discovery Museum
Celebrate Week of the Young Child at Maine Discovery Museum, April 27 from 2-4 pm, spotlighting early learning, young children, their teachers, families and communities. Sponsored by Food AND Medicine, Faith Linking in Action, MaineEAYC and Maine Discovery Museum. Fun activities for children 8 years and younger and goodie bags for the first 150 families! FREE with Voucher*for admission to Maine Discovery Museum on 4/27 from 2-4 pm, for families up to 4 people per voucher (day pass):
– Gross Motor Play Fun
– Meet Cuddly Bunnies
– Moon Sand & Play Dough
– Little Science Explorers
– Puppets & Toys
* Limited number of vouchers available. Pick up your voucher at the Maine Discovery Museum or at the Earth Day Festival (4/20 in Pickering Square). Vouchers available starting April 15th. For more information, contact Jack at 989-5860 / Jack@foodandmedicine.org.
- May 2, FLIA Convening – Faith and Poverty – 5:30 – 8 PMat Hammond Street Congregational Church. How do I stay true to my faith while navigating political policies on poverty? Join us for a non-denominational discussion on how faith intersects with navigating politics, especially regarding policies on poverty. Pot luck begins at 5:30, discussion at 6:15. For more information, contact Jack 989-5860 / Jack@foodandmedicine.org. Or Mary Ann Perry email@example.com
- SAVE THE DATE for our annual Solidarity Harvest Auction! June 29, doors open at 4:30 PM, fun LIVE auction starts at 5:00. We have started collecting items – if you are an artisan or own a business and would like to donate an item to the auction, please let us know! Last year’s auction was our most successful so far, so the bar is set for us to beat last year! Stay tuned for updates in email and on the Facebook eventfor featured items as the date gets closer. For more information, contact Melissa 989-5860 / Melissa@foodandmedicine.org.