Rev. Myrick Cross Presiding
Our next Luncheon at Columbia Street will be May 5. The Sign-up is in the Common Room.
Faith Linking in Action News
Transportation for All will meet Thursday April 18 @ 9 AM – 11 AM at Peace & Justice Center, 96 Harlow St., Suite 100, Bangor. Child friendly and light refreshments served. TFA Meets monthly, the third Thursday at this time and location.
Childcare & Jobs. This is the legislative season in Maine. There are new bills to read and consider so it is an important time for those interested in improving access to quality childcare for better jobs and to streamline regulations for both childcare providers and those seeking childcare. The Childcare team needs members to investigate bills, talk to citizens, connect with legislators, and help develop a plan of action.
Food Access Committee meets the first Thursday of each month. Peg Olson has details.Food Access: next meeting is May 9 from 11-1 at Food AND Medicine, 20 Ivers St. South Brewer.
- Faith Linking in Action Special Events
- April 20, Bangor Earth Day Festival,1-3 PM in Pickering Square, Downtown Bangor. This is a free, family friendly event with entertainment, games, light refreshments, hands-on educational activities and great information about ways you can do your part to raise environmental awareness and lower your impact. Join us for a celebration of our sacred mother Earth! Co-sponsors include: Transportation For All (Food AND Medicine), Bangor Greendrinks, Health Equity Alliance, the Peace and Justice Center, and the Penobscot River Region Transition Group. Special guests include:
The Penobscot River Keepers, Hirundo Wildlife Refuge, Jackson Regenerational Farm, and many more. For more information, contact Darcy at 615-390-5626 / Darcy@foodandmedicine.org.
- April 27, Week of the Young Child Celebration, 2-4 PM at Maine Discovery Museum
Celebrate Week of the Young Child at Maine Discovery Museum, April 27 from 2-4 pm, spotlighting early learning, young children, their teachers, families and communities. Sponsored by Food AND Medicine, Faith Linking in Action, MaineEAYC and Maine Discovery Museum. Fun activities for children 8 years and younger and goodie bags for the first 150 families! FREE with Voucher*for admission to Maine Discovery Museum on 4/27 from 2-4 pm, for families up to 4 people per voucher (day pass):
– Gross Motor Play Fun
– Meet Cuddly Bunnies
– Moon Sand & Play Dough
– Little Science Explorers
– Puppets & Toys
* Limited number of vouchers available. Pick up your voucher at the Maine Discovery Museum or at the Earth Day Festival (4/20 in Pickering Square). Vouchers available starting April 15th. For more information, contact Jack at 989-5860 / Jack@foodandmedicine.org.
- May 2, FLIA Convening – Faith and Poverty – 5:30 – 8 PMat Hammond Street Congregational Church. How do I stay true to my faith while navigating political policies on poverty? Join us for a non-denominational discussion on how faith intersects with navigating politics, especially regarding policies on poverty. Pot luck begins at 5:30, discussion at 6:15. For more information, contact Jack 989-5860 / Jack@foodandmedicine.org. Or Mary Ann Perry email@example.com
- SAVE THE DATE for our annual Solidarity Harvest Auction! June 29, doors open at 4:30 PM, fun LIVE auction starts at 5:00. We have started collecting items – if you are an artisan or own a business and would like to donate an item to the auction, please let us know! Last year’s auction was our most successful so far, so the bar is set for us to beat last year! Stay tuned for updates in email and on the Facebook eventfor featured items as the date gets closer. For more information, contact Melissa 989-5860 / Melissa@foodandmedicine.org.
Artful Spirit Connection is hosting an Art N’ Play on Saturday, May 4, 2019 from 10 am to 12 noon. Please join us as we experiment with watercolor paints and learn a few beginner techniques: basic washes, wax resist, splattering, salt texture and alcohol spritzing. Paula Baines will facilitate the session. Come learn, play and experiment. Supplies will be provided. Cash donations towards kids’ art kits are welcome. Space is limited to 12.