Mark your calendars, St. Patrick’s will hold its 2019 Annual Meeting on Sunday, January 20, 2019.
We hope you used the many opportunities to listen, observe, meet, share and engage your neighbors during Epiphany; maybe you will adopt some of those new habits of listening and engaging. Our Seat at the Table gatherings in small groups will begin soon. These will be wonderful ways to continue to listen to those around us. We can dwell in the Word as we get to know each other better. Continue to pray “the Holy Spirit leads us each day, to grow in openness with the people we encounter, to hear and connect with them. AMEN”
Photo credit Deb Nystrom
A Seat at the Table
By now you have received an invitation to come to one of three Seat at the Table groups. that was introduced last Sunday during our worship. The deadline for sign up is this Tuesday, January 15th. Contact the parish office (207) 989-1308 to give a first and second preference. You can also e-mail the church office. Today leaders will be available at coffee hour to provide more information and to answer questions. This is a wonderful opportunity to develop closer connections with your church community.
Our next Meditation Service of scripture, prayers and songs of Taize and Iona will be Thursday, February 7 @ 6:30 pm. This service will offer an opportunity for quiet reflection mixed with easy songs to help envision yourself in the world as we progress through the Season of Epiphany.
A note from Mary Ann Perry, THANK YOU! I am so blessed to have such a generous congregation to share our music. You are always willing to participate with enthusiasm and you are willing to try new music. This certainly does express “Make a Joyful Noise”. Thank you for your wonderful Christmas gift.
Faith Linking in Action will host its first quarterly Convening this Tuesday, January 15 at the Unitarian Universalist Society on Park Street in Bangor. A potluck supper begins at 5:30 and the meeting starts at 6:15. The Transportation for All Team will be featured and there will be small reports from each team. See what is happening to improve the lives of our neighbors. Ask Peggy Day, Peg Olson, or Mary Ann Perry for details. See you TUESDAY!!!
Regular team meetings:
- TFA (Transportation for All): Thursday, January 17 @ 11 at Hammond Street Congregational Church
- Childcare/Jobs: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 7:00-8:30 at St. Pats.
For more information speak to Peggy Day, Peg Olson, or Mary Ann Perry
You will notice the Newly updated Prayer List in the bulletin. Please contact Mary Ann to make additions or changes at anytime.
There are many opportunities to host Coffee Hour. Ask a friend to help you. See the sign-up in the Common Room.
The Walkabout schedule has been announced by Episcopal Diocese of Maine. WALKABOUT GATHERINGS
The Walkabout schedule has been announced by Episcopal Diocese of Maine. Walkabouts, where all the candidates are available to meet, will take place across Maine and will be held the weekend of January 18-20, 2019. The Electing convention on February 9, 2019 is at the Cross Center in Bangor. Check out the website: http://bishopquest.episcopalmaine.org/ . Walkabouts are as follows:
- Friday, January 18th the Senator Inn, Augusta
284 Western Ave., Augusta
- Saturday, January 19that Husson College, Bangor
1 College Circle, Bangor
Phone: (207) 941-7000
- Sunday, January 20that the Westin Hotel, Portland
157 High St, Portland, ME 04101
Phone: (207) 775-5411
· 1:30 p.m. Hospitality and Fellowship
2 p.m. Walkabout Sessions BeginPlease note: in the event of weather prohibiting travel, one session will be held and live-streamed January 20th – as scheduled above – at the Westin in Portland.
Watch Live Sessions from the Walkabouts at 2 p.m. Each Day
- On YouTube: com/episcopalmaine
- On Facebook: com/episcopalmaine
- On this page (videos of each Walkabout will be posted on this page following each session)
- Plan gatherings at your Parish to view the live-streamed Walkabout sessions.
To prepare for these events
- Visit Meet the Nomineesfor more detailed information on each of the five candidates full resume, bio and responses to essay questions.
- Download and print the Meet the Nominees/Walkabout brochureproviding brief overviews of the Nominees: use for your own reference and as bulletin inserts.