Thanks to all who helped throw together our all day Longest Day Vigil on Thursday and our meeting with Carol Woodcock at Senator Collins’ office. We even made the news! Check out the WABI coverage on our website or the diocesan website. Today we will continue to light candles for those families who are separated. And please consider having your voice heard. There are letters to sign, and addresses to our representatives and senators in Congress, op ed pieces from people from both the right and the left and other information on the table at the back of the nave. It’s not over for these families so please continue to pressure Congress and pray for those who are caught in this cruel and inhumane practice.
Living Local’s Holyoke Community Garden is almost completely planted!! Yeah!! Step out the door from the Shamrock Room to see the progress. This is a new and very exciting time for St. Patrick’s and our neighbors. You can be a part of this adventure. Weeders, chatters, and meeting attendees are still needed. See the sign-up in the Common Room. Talk to Mary Ann Perry for more details about how you can participate.
Outreach: Columbia Street Luncheon in July has been moved to July 15th. It will be our summer meal. The sign-up sheet is ready in the Common Room.
Prayer List: Please submit any additions or changes for the updated Prayer List by noon this Wednesday, June 27. We will use this list throughout the summer. Remember you can always make changes or additions at any time. Contact email@example.com or see the Prayer List sheet in the Common Room.
Holiday Fair takes multiple helpers that makes this major fundraiser for St. Pat’s to go much easier. Maybe there is a job that you have done before, or maybe you’d like to try something new. Here is a list of helpers that we need:
- 2-3 co-chairs
- Advertising person and flier/poster person
- Set up group
- Clean up group
- Table heads-Food (cookies, candy, bread, pickles/relishes),New to You, Crafts, Raffle (option), Holy Grill, Children’s activity, Jewelry, other ideas.
Please contact Cynthia Vaughan soon and let her know who she can count on. It is not too soon to start planning. Pick up a copy of the Holiday Fair timeline in the Common Room. Contact Cynthia at dustlionV@gmail.com
Faith Linking in Action
- With primary elections over and regular visits to Bangor City Council and Hampden City Council by the decisions can be made regarding the public transportation issue. We are hopeful for meaningful results. Continued involvement and conversation is very important. The Transportation for All Committee will meet on Thursday, June 28th at Hammond Street Congregational Church from 9-11am.
- The Childcare/Jobs Team is now addressing the DHHS proposed plan for childcare funding and regulations for 2018-2021. They will present information and an education piece for the FLIA convening in September. Next meeting is at First Methodist Church on Essex Street, Bangor from 6:00-7:30pm. Talk to Peg Olson for more information.
- The Food Access Committee just met on Thursday. Wow! So much excitement and happening! Gardens are underway. Suggestions for success were shared and plans for workshops were made for learning about foods for special dietary needs, plant maintenance, good pruning and harvesting techniques, and canning and preserving the bounties. The next meeting will be on Thursday, July 12 at Miller Square, 315 Harlow St., Bangor. 11-1:00 lunch included.
Food AND Medicine
Doors open at 4:30, auction starts at 5 PM at 20 Ivers St., Brewer (behind St. Teresa’s Catholic Church Main St. South Brewer) Fun Auction! Great items! Worthy cause! Funds raised support the 16th annual Solidarity Harvest, purchasing produce from MAINE farms to prove over 1300 locally-sourced Thanksgiving meal baskets to Mainers in hard times. Some items: Native American basket and moccasins, various scenic adventures on the coast of Maine, sports memorabilia, jewelry, home decoration, theater tickets, many gift cards for local restaurants and businesses and so much more. $5.00 to bid, credited to purchases over $25.00 plus free beverages and appetizers served.