Paula Baines is leading morning prayer and offering reflections.
Music: We have a verse to learn for our song “We walk His way” Stay after church today to learn it so we can sing this when the Bishop visits on April 8 (Yes, the Sunday after Easter!)
The Ecumenical Lenten Service is Tuesday, March 13 at 6:30 PM at the Holden Congregational (UCC) Church, 9 Buff Road in Holden. John Ouellette, Lighthouse Apostolic Church will be the preacher.
Vestry will meet Thursday, March 15 at 6 pm to 8 pm.
Faithful Refreshment group will meet Saturday, March 17 from 9:00 am to 10:30 am. Faithful Refreshment offers spiritual and faith discussion topics and time to share.
News from Outreach: Outreach committee will hold its next meeting on March 18th after the service. Be sure to check out Outreach’s Lenten Project. Please visit the back of the sanctuary for how you can help the Street Pastor’s in their ministry. Help us fill our space with footprints.
March 18th Loose Offering will help with rent. A recent graduate from Hope Rising, who is need of help with rent. She is a full-time student and will graduate in May. She works part-time on the weekends. Because she can only work part-time while attending school, she falls into the financial gap as she is not eligible for any rental assistance, food stamps, etc. The Outreach Committee agreed to pay half of her rent for March. She will also need help with April’s rent. The March 18th offering will help her with her April rent.
Coffee Hour sign-up. 2018 list is ready for you to host a coffee hour. Please check the list for openings.
Pick up your Lenten Calendar offered by the Living Local: Joining God Guiding Team. We want to help you experience a meaningful Lent as you go about your daily life.
It is time to update our PRAYER LIST. The new one will be published on Easter Sunday, April 1. You may add names to the list in the Common Room or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for Easter is Monday, March 26.
Acolytes wanted: Have you ever wanted to be an acolyte? You don’t have to be a child to apply. Adults are invited to this ministry, as well. Katherine is our only acolyte now and it would be great to have others available to share in this ministry, especially when she is not here. Please see Peggy if interested or have questions. Training will be provided.
Creative Crafts and Conversation meets Monday evenings from 6 pm to 7:3o pm.
Faith Linking in Action is one way we are experiencing our faith journey in the broader community. We learn to listen to others and work together to build a better community. Learn more from Rev. Peggy Day, Peg Olson, Mary Ann Perry or Rev. Rick Cross.
Faith Linking in Action’s Upcoming meetings:
- Jobs and Child Care Team will hold a joint meeting: March 13, 6-7:30 at First United Methodist Church, Essex St. Bangor. Talk to Peg Olson or Mary Ann Perry if you would like to attend. There are several very important issues regarding safe and appropriate child care that the legislature is addressing currently. Please visit the website to learn more and please contact your legislators with your concerns. Our children are important to us. Ask Mary Ann for a brief description.
- Transportation for All Team will meet on Thursday, March 15, from 9 am to 11 am at Hammond Street Congregational Church. They are working with Bangor City Council and Penquis to coordinate efforts. Presently, they are trying to expand bus hours and planning to have specific bus stops instead of flag the bus system as in some areas. This impacts many riders.
- SOON:Food Access Team Early April TBA it is always 11-1:00. Lunch is included. St. Patrick’s wants to work with this team to expand our garden and include the Holyoke Street neighborhood. This would be a great time to hear how other groups worked together last year.
Leaning into Holy Week Retreat
The clergy of St. Patrick’s, St. James’, and St. John’s Episcopal Churches invite you all to attend a mini retreat “Leaning to Holy Week” on Sunday, March 18, 2018 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm at St. John’s. It will be led by the Rev. John Van Siclen, a retired priest in the Diocese, who is very skilled in leading retreats and in spiritual direction. There will be three reflections, a time for sharing with a conversation partner, and it will end with a light supper of soup, bread, and fruit. If you would like to attend, please contact Peggy Day at email@example.com
Easter Vigil needs one more reader; please contact Peggy Day if you are interested. The rehearsal for Easter Vigil will be held at 10:00 am on Saturday morning, March 31st.
Holy Week Schedule:
- Palm Sunday, March 25 at 9:30 am. Blessing of the Palms, followed by an outside parade at. The service begins at 10: 00 am.
- Maundy Thursday, March 29 at 6:30 pm. The service will be in the Shamrock Room and will include the washing of the feed. The service will end in the Sanctuary with the stripping of the altar. Please note, there is no meal this year.
- Prayer Vigil, Thursday, March 29-The prayer vigil will begin at the closing of Maundy Thursday service to the beginning of the Good Friday service. There will be material available for you to read. At least two people present throughout the overnight house. Please sign up in the Common Room.
- Good Friday, March 30, at 6:30 pm
- Easter Vigil, March 31 at 6:30 pm. Bring bells and noise makers. There will be dramatic readings of scripture and inspirational music to add to the awe and wonder of this moving service.
- Easter Sunday, April 1 at 10: 00 am.